Now Accepting New Patients
Santa Maria Special Needs Dentist
Comprehensive treatments for children with physical and learning disabilities
Or call (805) 922-9626
Preventive & restorative pediatric dental services
Spanish speaking pediatric dentist & staff
Your child deserves the best dental care possible
In addition to offering most dental treatments, we also have experience with and compassion for children with learning and physical disabilities. Dr. Pedersen and our staff will be respectful of your child’s needs and sensitivities and provide a calm, relaxing, and empowering visit.
Benefits of working with Mariposa Pediatric Dentistry for your special needs child
- Our staff is specially trained to work with children from all educational and developmental backgrounds
- We offer general anesthesia to ensure your child can undergo the treatment they need with less stress and discomfort
- We offer most treatments right here in our office, so your child will always work with a familiar dental team
- We accept Deni-Cal and many other payment and financing options to ensure you can afford your child’s care
Did you know?
Denti-Cal and most dental insurances cover 100% of most pediatric special needs dentistry treatments? Contact us to learn more about your specific coverage.
Hear from our patients
A really amazing experience! Dr. Pederson was so nice and welcoming. I am definitely excited to bring my kids back here in 6 months! Thank you Mariposa Pediatric Dentistry!
– Jasmine V.
Comprehensive special needs dentistry treatments
At every appointment, Dr. Pedersen will examine your child and clean their teeth. If any additional treatment is needed, she will review options with you and explain everything fully to ensure you can make the best choice for your child.
We offer the following treatments for children with special needs…
- Examinations, x-rays, and teeth cleanings
- Emergency services for pain relief
- Tooth extractions
- Fluoride treatments
- Dental fillings
- Root canal treatments
- Periodontal maintenance
- Complete and partial dentures
- Orthodontics (for children)
Special Needs Dentistry FAQs
Can I be with my child during their appointment?
Of course! For most treatments, you can be present for the examination and treatment. You know your child best and will be able to help them feel most comfortable.
Can I get more information about your special needs offerings?
Denti-Cal & most insurance accepted
We are in network with most PPO dental insurances, and are the only local pediatric dental specialist accepting Denti-Cal. Not sure if your specific plan is accepted? Contact us today for a complimentary benefits check.
No insurance? We’ve got you covered.
We offer an in-house discount plan and payment plans to help you afford care.
Our in-house discount plan includes:
- 2 comprehensive exams and cleanings per year, including any needed x-rays
- Discounts on any needed treatment
All Families Welcome
We offer a full range of restorative and preventive services in a comforting and encouraging environment. At your child’s appointment, we’ll provide an update on their oral health and fill you in on any recommended treatments, including pediatric sedation dentistry.
You can trust Dr. Pedersen to provide a comfortable and encouraging oral health experience.
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 4pm
Friday: 8am - 12pm
Saturday - Sunday: Closed