Now Accepting New Patients
General anesthesia and minimally invasive cavity treatment
Spanish speaking pediatric dentist & staff
Stress-free tooth extractions for your little one
Our team of experienced pediatric dentists and dental professionals is dedicated to making your child’s experience as comfortable and anxiety-free as possible. We use the latest techniques and technologies to minimize discomfort and ensure a smooth, successful procedure.
Think your child may need a tooth extraction? Request an appointment today and ask our dentist about tooth extractions.
Building healthy smiles, one tooth at a time
- Overcrowding: If your child’s teeth are coming in too close together, an extraction may be necessary to make room for the rest of their permanent teeth to come in.
- Impacted teeth: If a tooth is unable to break through the gums due to improper positioning, it may need to be extracted.
- Decay: If a tooth is severely decayed and cannot be saved with a filling or other treatment, it may need to be extracted.
- Orthodontic treatment: In some cases, teeth may need to be extracted to create room for orthodontic treatment.
If your child needs a tooth extraction, we are here to help them maintain a healthy, happy smile.
Benefits of working with Mariposa Pediatric Dentistry for your child’s tooth extractions
- Our staff is specially trained to work with children from all educational and developmental backgrounds.
- We offer general anesthesia to ensure your child can undergo the treatment they need with less stress and discomfort.
- We offer most treatments in-office, so your child will always work with a familiar dental team.
- We accept Deni-Cal and many other payment and financing options to ensure you can afford your child’s care.
Are tooth extractions covered by insurance?
While every insurance policy is different, most insurance plans cover at least a portion of restorative dentistry treatments. Contact us for full details of your coverage.
Hear from our patients
A really amazing experience! Dr. Pederson was so nice and welcoming. I am definitely excited to bring my kids back here in 6 months! Thank you Mariposa Pediatric Dentistry!
– Jasmine V.
Tooth extractions FAQs
Why might my child need a tooth extraction?
There are several reasons why a child might need a tooth extraction. These include overcrowding, impacted teeth, decay, and orthodontic treatment.
How long does it take to recover from a tooth extraction?
Most children can return to their normal activities the day after tooth extraction. It’s important to follow your child’s dental team’s instructions for care after the procedure, including keeping the area clean and avoiding strenuous activities.
Can tooth extraction be avoided?
In some cases, tooth extraction may be avoidable if the issue causing the need for extraction can be addressed early on. For example, if a tooth is decayed, but the decay is caught early, a filling or other treatment may be able to save the tooth. However, in some cases, an extraction may be necessary.
Are tooth extractions painful?
Tooth extractions are typically performed with local anesthesia to numb the area around the tooth. This helps to minimize discomfort during the procedure. Some children may experience some discomfort or pain after the procedure, but this can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain medication. If necessary, we also offer general anesthesia services.
What should I expect during the tooth extraction process?
The tooth extraction process will vary depending on the specific needs of your child. However, in general, the procedure will involve numbing the area around the tooth, removing the tooth, and closing the extraction site with stitches if needed. Your child’s dental team will provide detailed instructions for care after the procedure.
Denti-Cal & most insurance accepted
We are in network with most PPO dental insurances, and are the only local pediatric dental specialist accepting Denti-Cal. Not sure if your specific plan is accepted? Contact us today for a complimentary benefits check.
No insurance? We’ve got you covered.
We offer an in-house discount plan and payment plans to help you afford care.
Our in-house discount plan includes:
- 2 comprehensive exams and cleanings per year, including any needed x-rays
- Discounts on any needed treatment
All Families Welcome
We offer a full range of restorative and preventive services in a comforting and encouraging environment. At your child’s appointment, we’ll update their oral health and fill you in on any recommended treatments, including tooth extractions.
You can trust Dr. Pedersen to provide a comfortable and encouraging oral health experience.
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 4pm
Friday: 8am - 12pm
Saturday - Sunday: Closed