Now Accepting New Patients
Santa Maria Pediatric Dental Cleaning & Exam
Twice-yearly cleanings for a lifetime of smiles
Or call (805) 922-9626
Preventive & restorative pediatric dental services
Spanish speaking pediatric dentist & staff
A clean mouth is a healthy mouth
With twice-yearly pediatric dental cleanings from our Santa Maria dentists, we’ll ensure your child stays on course with their dental health. We’ll also monitor the changing bite and smile, catch any developing oral health issues, and fix dental problems as they pop up, not letting them fester until a small problem turns into a big one.
Benefits of regular pediatric dental cleanings and exams
- Reduces the likelihood of cavities
- Catches small dental problems before they become big ones
- Develops healthy dental habits in your child
- Instruction on oral hygiene and oral health development
Hear from our patients
A really amazing experience! Dr. Pederson was so nice and welcoming. I am definitely excited to bring my kids back here in 6 months! Thank you Mariposa Pediatric Dentistry!
– Jasmine V.
Pediatric dental cleaning & exam appointments
We center our Santa Maria pediatric dental cleanings and exams around encouraging the development of your child’s oral health. We’ll listen to what your child is experiencing and work with you and them to recommend any treatment recommendations for any dental problems we find during their exam.
During your child’s appointment, you can expect the following:
- Full comprehensive exam to determine any oral health issues.
- A professional dental cleaning, clearing away any plaque that has developed.
- Any needed x-rays. Generally, we’ll take x-rays once a year, but this can be more or less frequent depending on a child’s age, and risk of and history of tooth decay.
- Fluoride treatment, which helps protect your child’s teeth.
- Guidance on proper oral health at-home care, including brushing and flossing tips, nutritional advice, and much more.
Preventive Dentistry FAQs
Are dental cleanings covered by insurance?
How often does my child need dental cleaning?
Do you offer sedation dentistry during exams and cleanings?
Very rarely. Exams and cleanings are generally mild enough for children to not need sedation, and for very nervous children we can even use just a mirror and toothbrush to get a good look. We do sometimes offer sedation for our older special needs patients in order to do a thorough exam and cleaning. Learn more about sedation dentistry or speak to Dr. Pedersen at your next appointment.
Denti-Cal & most insurance accepted
We are in network with most PPO dental insurances, and are the only local pediatric dental specialist accepting Denti-Cal. Not sure if your specific plan is accepted? Contact us today for a complimentary benefits check.
No insurance? We’ve got you covered.
We offer an in-house discount plan and payment plans to help you afford care.
Our in-house discount plan includes:
- 2 comprehensive exams and cleanings per year, including any needed x-rays
- Discounts on any needed treatment
All Families Welcome
You can count on Dr. Pedersen and our entire team to help your child in any way they know how and ensure a positive oral health experience for your child.
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 4pm
Friday: 8am - 12pm
Saturday - Sunday: Closed