Now Accepting New Patients
Santa Maria Pediatric 3D Dental X-Rays
Precise diagnosis without the radiation
Or call (805) 922-9626
Preventive & restorative pediatric dental services
General anesthesia and minimally invasive cavity treatment
Spanish speaking pediatric dentist & staff
Pediatric special needs dentist in Santa Maria accepting Denti-Cal
Get early prevention for lifelong smiles
Beyond health benefits, this proactive approach can also translate into long-term savings. Pinpointing issues allows for timely intervention, preventing their escalation into larger problems and averting the need for more extensive procedures in the future.
Benefits of digital x-rays over traditional x-rays
Digital x-rays offer several benefits over traditional film-based x-rays in the field of medical and dental imaging. Here are some key advantages:
- Lower Radiation Exposure: Safer for patients, especially for those requiring frequent x-rays.
- Enhanced Diagnostics: Digital images can be optimized for better visibility and detail, aiding accurate diagnoses.
- Instant Results: View images immediately on a computer screen, facilitating real-time discussions with patients.
- Environmentally Friendly: No chemical processing, reducing the environmental impact compared to traditional x-rays.
Hear from our patients
A really amazing experience! Dr. Pederson was so nice and welcoming. I am definitely excited to bring my kids back here in 6 months! Thank you Mariposa Pediatric Dentistry!
– Jasmine V.
How often should my kid have digital x-rays taken?
While not all dental visits need x-rays, we recommend patients undergo x-rays every 12–18 months. Wondering why? Regular x-rays help us monitor changes in the tooth structure, guaranteeing top-notch dental care.
We suggest more frequent x-rays if:
- There’s a history of cavities or gum disease
- Your kid’s permanent teeth are still adjusting
- Verification is required to ensure sufficient space for your kid’s wisdom teeth
- Braces or clear aligners are being considered
Pediatric 3D dental x-rays FAQs
What information do pediatric 3D x-rays provide?
Do pediatric 3d x-rays replace traditional x-rays?
Can parents be present during the x-ray procedure?
How long does a pediatric 3D x-ray procedure take?
Denti-Cal & most insurance accepted
We are in network with most PPO dental insurances, and are the only local pediatric dental specialist accepting Denti-Cal. Not sure if your specific plan is accepted? Contact us today for a complimentary benefits check.
No insurance? We’ve got you covered.
We offer an in-house discount plan and payment plans to help you afford care.
Our in-house discount plan includes:
- 2 comprehensive exams and cleanings per year, including any needed x-rays
- Discounts on any needed treatment
All Families Welcome
We offer a full range of restorative and preventive services in a comforting and encouraging environment. At your child’s appointment, we’ll provide an update on their oral health and fill you in on any recommended treatments, including cavity treatments.
You can trust Dr. Pedersen to provide a comfortable and encouraging oral health experience.
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 4pm
Friday: 8am - 12pm
Saturday - Sunday: Closed